CCERP connects people who enjoy nature, who want to learn more about nature and ecology, and who seek to preserve the ecological integrity of Cypress Creek.
WWe enjoy the nature around us, maintain the natural ecology and biodiversity of the area, clean up trash and litter in nature areas, remove invasive species, educate people about the workings of nature and its benefits to us, and connect with our neighbors.
We can be healthy and happy only when our ecology is healthy and “happy.” We need to be true to nature and true to our nature.
Listen to the CCERP Podcast on our podcast host or on many, many of the podcast apps, as well as free on Audible, Amazon, and YouTube.
Rules and recommendations when in nature:
1. Respect and obey the ecology of the land.
2. Study and learn the ecology of the land.
3. Respect yourself and others.
4. Preserve and protect the plants and animals in the area.
5. Obey the law.
Rules and recommendations of posts:
1. Stay on topic (ecology, biology, nature, parks, garbage pickup, etc.)
2. Be nice and reasonable.
3. When we disagree with someone, instead of attacking, let’s please ask questions, determine positions, determine reasons for positions, and seek understanding and insight.
Some recommended reading:
1. Go Wild by John J. Ratey, Richard Manning
2. The Nature Fix by Florence Williams
3. The Practice of Natural Movement by Erwan LeCorre
4. The Hidden Half of Nature by David R. Montgomery and Anne Biklé
5. The Forest Unseen by David George Haskell
5. Coyote America by Dan Flores
7. Heart of a Lion by William Stolzenburg
8. Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca by Donald Chipman Ph.D.
9. Alvar Nunez Cabeza de Vaca by Robin VarnumT
10. The Narrative of Cabeza de Vaca by Alvar Nunez Cabeza De Vaca
11. Eager: The Surprising, Secret Life of Beavers and Why They Matter by Ben Goldfarb
12. The Modern Scholar: The Biology of Birds by Professor John Kricher
13. Summer World by Bernd Heinrich
14. Winter World by Bernd Heinrich
15. A Naturalist at Large by Bernd Heinrich
16. What a Fish Knows by Jonathan Balcombe
17. Mind of the Raven by Bernd Heinrich
18. The Genius of Birds by Jennifer Ackerman
19. Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are? by Frans de Waal
20. Beyond Words: What Animals Think and Feel by Carl Safina
21. The Soil Will Save Us by Kristin Ohlson
22. Dirt Is Good by Jack Gilbert PhD, Rob Knight PhD, Sandra Blakeslee
23. Life on a Little Known Planet by Howard Evans
24. Dirt by David Montgomery
25. The Rocks Don’t Lie by David Montgomery
26. Ecological Planet by Professor John Kricher